Registered to* R.C.E.C. of Diocese of London.
In 1856, ten acres on the southwest corner of Lot 4, LRE, was registered to the Roman Catholic Episcopal Corporation, Toronto. This cemetery was turned over to the Diocese of London in 1904. Located behind St. Peter's Church. Due to breakage or the deterioration caused by the passage of time many of the early tombstones in the cemetery have been lost. Some of the early stones were formed into the memorial cairn. The earlies date on these is of ...Gett, wife of Samuel Boyle, who died November 30, 1856.
The iron crosses found in the old section of St. Peter's RC Cemetery, were used as headstones, with the name of the deceaded inscribed on a metal nameplate. These iron crosses were fashioned by Joseph Ducharme, who learned the blacksmith trade in Zurich ON and Blake,ON. Joseph Ducharme set up his own forge at Drysdale and in 1886 he married Marie Geoffrey. Joseph and Marie had 15 children. Joseph made all his own tools with the exception of his anvil and blower. Hay Township Highlights 1846-1996. pg. 384