No Longer Exists
Other Names (also known as):
Geographic*: , Frontenac County
The village was officially registered in 1882 with 9 lots by Charles Gildersleave.
While this place name is no longer considered official it saw a resurgence as a cottage destination in the 1960s.
This village is set on the shores of the Rideau Waterway a Unesco World Heritage Site. Remnants of the town exists including original foundations for a Methodist Church and School. The town developed as a result of the building of the canal system from Ottawa to Kingston as trade route for mining phosphate and mica. And for the lumber and cheese industries. A Cheese factory was here as well as a steam powered mill.
Source(s) of Information: Trent Oxman