In 1856, ten acres on the southwest corner of Lot 4, LRE, was registered to the Roman Catholic Episcopal Corporation, Toronto. This cemetery was turned over to the Diocese of London in 1904. Located behind St. Peter's Church. Due to breakage or the deterioration caused by the passage of time many of the early tombstones in the cemetery have been lost. Some of the early stones were formed into the memorial cairn. The earlies date on these is of ...Gett, wife of Samuel Boyle, who died November 30, 1856.
The iron crosses found in the old section of St. Peter's RC Cemetery, were used as headstones, with the name of the deceaded inscribed on a metal nameplate. These iron crosses were fashioned by Joseph Ducharme, who learned the blacksmith trade in Zurich ON and Blake,ON. Joseph Ducharme set up his own forge at Drysdale and in 1886 he married Marie Geoffrey. Joseph and Marie had 15 children. Joseph made all his own tools with the exception of his anvil and blower. Hay Township Highlights 1846-1996. pg. 384
Some persons named in this index may not be interred in this cemetery, they are designated as spouse or parent on appropriate stones and may not have their own birth and death recorded here (See our FAQ).
Women, if maiden names are known, will appear under both their maiden and married names.
This index represents ALL visible headstones still in existence at the time this cemetery was visited
|FIRLOTTE, Desmond 1921 - 2001|
|FIRLOTTE, Eleanor 1955 - 1975|
|FLANAGAN, Irene M. (Rau) 1914 - 2000|
|FLANAGAN, John J. 1925 - 2001|
|FORCIER, Adrienne (Monnette) 1913 - 1972|
|FORCIER, Hector 1912 - 1984|
|FORCIER, Rachelle 1937 - 1984|
|FOWLER, Mary 1796 - 1870|
Correct a name / Request a removal: Corrections & removal requests can be made using the form found on the name page. From the index above, locate the name in question, click on it, and fill out the form on that page.